Bringing Digital Mammograms to you
Having a mammogram once a year could very possibly save your life one day! And since a mammogram is an easy, non-invasive test, there really is no reason to go without your annual mammogram. CHRISTUS Santa Rosa is committed to making life-saving digital mammograms available to everyone in our community – where is it most convenient. Our Mobile Mammography Unit (MMU) visits places of business, worship and community organizations.
Through philanthropic support, the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Heath System MMU brings mammograms to under-served areas of our community. The MMU provides free mammograms to women without insurance or the ability to pay and serves as a link to the greater health care community by partnering with other organizations to provide education, outreach and access to treatment.
To assist with fundraising for breast health awareness, contact the Friends of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Foundation at 210-704-2800 or visit the Friends of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Foundation website.
If you do not have insurance or a doctor, please call 210-704-4100 for details and to learn how you could get a mammogram through the generosity of community funding.
To have a digital screening mammogram on the Mobile Mammography Unity, you must:
- Be 40 years of age or older (insurance permitting).
- Have not had a mammogram within the past 365 days
- Have NO symptoms, such as lumps or skin changes. (See a doctor right away if you have changes. Call us if you do not have a doctor)
- Have had no previous breast cancer or mastectomy
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding ( a screening mammogram cannot be done until 90 days after breastfeeding has been stopped).
Be prepared for your visit
Be prepared for your visit
- Bring the name, address and phone number of your physician
- If you have had a mammogram in the past, please locate your films and bring them to your mammography appointment
- Bring a valid photo ID
- Bring your insurance card (we accept Medicare,Medicaid and most private insurances).
- DO NOT wear deodorant,perfume,powders or lotions
- DO wear a two-piece outfit
A physician's order is NOT needed for patients who have seen their physician within a year prior to their mammogram appointment.
Host the Mobile Mammography Unit
The CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Mobile Mammography Unit keeps a very busy schedule, bringing critical diagnostic services to women throughout San Antonio, New Braunfels and South Central Texas.
If your company or organization is interested in having the Mobile Mammography Unit visiting your facility, please call 210-704-4204 or fill out the request form here